Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Leprechauns and Unicorns

Leprechauns and Unicorns
I was at the back of Denton Avenue elementary school with some friends after a nice run with some friends; my friends consisting of Yoni, Dolan, Aakaash, Jack, and me. We had just stopped by CVS and I picked up a pack of Skittles, “Taste the Rainbow.” And everyone said taste I started to scream “taste the rainbow.” As we sat down on the swings, we all started to talk about how much we are In Love with each other. As I was swinging, my open pack of skittles fell to the floor scattering among the crushed, damp mulch. Yoni looked over, I screamed; NO! MY SKITTLES! Yoni, not caring about my skittles, immediately said, “Dude; I swear, for a second there? I’m pretty sure you just took on the shape of a unicorn.”

Everything turned dark, clouds came in and everything rumbled. The trees and swings and jungle gyms seemed to sink into the ground for some reason but my skittles and all the grass and mulch were still there. A rainbow shot out of the sky; it was sparkling and lit up the entire park. A leprechaun came down from above riding on a black unicorn. He didn’t speak, but gave us hand gestures signaling that we should follow him. Jack told me to go because he had already peed his pants and was too scared to go; he said, “dude, you’re the unicorn! You go!” I said okay but first told him how much of a little duckling he looks like because he peed his pants because of a rainbow shooting from the sky. I stepped onto the rainbow and took on the shape of an actual unicorn, and we sprinted into the heavens. As we rose above the clouds, a giant sign blinking, “Skittles World;” there was no pot of gold, but instead, a pot of skittles. The leprechaun spoke, “they’re magically delicious!” I questioned the leprechaun, “isn’t that lucky charms?”
“Oh yeah,” the leprechaun said.

No comments:

Post a Comment