Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Valentines Day

February 13th, it was late at night. I had called my girlfriend, Kelly, and we were talking for hours. Sometimes we wouldn’t even say anything but just the fact that we were on the phone with each other, together, made everything okay. I didn’t mind wasting my AT&T rollover minutes on her, even if I had to pay any extra costs. I love her, and there are no exceptions or conditions in love. The clock had struck midnight, and the silence of the night was broken when I whispered to her, “Happy Valentines Day, sweetie.”
I asked her question, “What do you want to do tomorrow?” And she answered in the simplest response, “I don’t know.” And then she laughed. This meant she wanted me to choose, correct? So I did, I told her I’d be at her house by 4 A.M. We were going to drive to Jones beach in my Nissan Cube and watch the sunrise together.
The new Angels and Airwaves album came out today, my favorite alternative band. I bought the album, hard copy of course, and I put it into the disc input in my car. The first song came on, and as always, amazing. Angels and airwaves, you’ve out done yourself again. I drove to her house and picked her up. Neither of our parents knew about our plans to drive to the beach at this hour in the morning so we had to sneak out very quickly. Kelly shut the door quietly, but not quiet enough. Her mom came outside to look around to see if there were any problems. She saw Kelly get into my car, “quick! Quick!” I told her. She slammed the car door and we drove off into the darkness. As I was driving, I looked into her eyes as she looked back at mine. I told her I loved her and kept driving.
We arrived at Jones beach, gate four. I parked in the best spot we could get since no one else was there at this hour. We couldn’t see a thing, the entire beach was black and all we could hear was the oceans waves mixed with the Angels and Airwaves album. The clock struck 4:43. I got out of the car and her eyes followed me as I went to her side of the door; I opened it and she got up. I sat down on her seat and she sat down on my lap. We held each other so tightly and I whispered in her ear as I pushed her hair away from her face, “don’t ever leave me.” She responded, “I won’t,” as she planted a kiss upon my lips. We sat there in my car for what seemed like hours until the clock struck 5:27; we could see sunlight. Minutes passed, the sky became brighter and brighter; the mix of all the vibrant colors, red, orange, pink, blue, yellow. It was beautiful.
I looked back and reached my arm over to the back seat, I pulled out a bouquet of daisies, her favorite flower. Her eyes sparkled as she looked at them. The clock struck 6:19, the sun had fully risen and was now a bright yellow ping-pong ball in the sky. She looked at me and said “I love you.”

No comments:

Post a Comment